Thursday 10 May 2012

Assignment 2 - A kinetic Typography Assignment on Patriotism


This time is a group assignment. There are six members in a group.
My group name is "Bob" and we're required to work together to produce
a kinetic typography assignment theme - patriotism.
After the discussion, our group have chosen a rap song
as the background music for this assignment.
The song entitled Malaysian Boy - by Altimet, DJ Fuzz, IIa Damiaa, Point Blanc & Rabbit Mac
This song included multiple language from our country Malaysia.
There are Malay, Cantonese and Tamil.
I was given the part to trace icon by using Adobe Illustrator and also Adobe Flash to
animated one part of the song ( The Tamil rap )
Below is the icon that was used in this song..

(1) Malay part
Hati (heart)
Gadis (lady)
       

Nombor Satu (number one)
Masa (time)
                    

                         


Below is the step that how I using Adobe Illustrator to trace icon (malay part)
1.This is an icon I download from internet and I want 
to trace it become colors. 
2. When I trace something I will using pen tool to draw 
 the outline and fill up the color, as you can see I trace the hair by using dark brown.

3. I will open the "PANTONE SOLID MATTE" to select which color I like, 
here got many different type of color. Last, remember to lock my every layer to avoid careless adjust and close the eye of the original picture. 

4. Next I want to trace is the word number one, I used satu malaysia logo to 
represent it. I download it from internet (avoid to used internet picture because
 it will pixelated when magnified) so I decided trace it myself.

5. To select the most closely color I drag the original picture aside
and using eyedropper tool click on the original color to transfer it into my icon.

6. After done my tracing you can see the comparison between this two satu malaysia,
the new icon was less pixelated than the original picture
*the heart and time icons also used Adobe Illustrator in a same method 

(2) Cantonese part

Below is the step that how I using Adobe Illustrator to trace icon (malay part)
1. First, I trace out a brain by using pen tool and made the stoke
became thicker to create a dark outline.

2. Next, I trace the nervous one by one accordingly by using dark pink 
to differentiate the nervous and brain color. It look nice and real.

3. The final icon had total 27 layer and had already locked it together.

4.This is the eye 's picture download from internet and I want to trace it
and remove the eye tear. As you can see, it is very pixelared.

5. After tracing the eye tear was remove and I had changed the eyeball's color.

*other icon also used Adobe Illustrator in a same method

(3) Indian part

Below is the step that how I using Adobe Illustrator to trace icon (indian part)
1. This is the original picture that I want to trace.

2. First, I had trace the shadow of the hand. Then is the finger nail and hand

3. Final icon.

4. Next is the human icon, left hand side is the internet picture and I change it become
a woman (mother). I also trace some human icon, for example girl, father, mother, grandfather and grandmother.

                         
5. Next is Malaysian boy, I decide to merge the Malaysia flag into the human icon.

6. This time I using Adobe Photoshop to create this icon. First I place the human icon on
the Malaysia flag. Next using the magic wand tool to select the human and convert it.
Last, remove the selected part.

7. This is the final Malaysian boy icon.

Next is the step of using Adobe Flash to animated the indian part of the song.
1. First at all, I open a new layer in adobe flash and import all the icon into library
 including the song that I had already cut.

2. I had choose the background color in purple. The "vanakam" I used the classic tween 
to create the movement from right to left. The word of "everybody" and
"hi" also appear in the same time after few second.

3. I made the "hello" move vibrates by insert many keyframe in a layer.
 This will made it vibrates.

4. As you can see in the video, the earth will rotate this is because
I insert a new keyframe in every 5 seconds by using the classic tween.

5. I made the word "sempoi" rotate six times and from bigger become smaller.
Used classic tween and drag it become smaller and
go to properties to adjust the times of rotation. 

6. Next is the "tambi" and "tangachi". As you can see, "tambi" is come from right side and
"tangachi" is come from bottom to up.
This all I using classic tween to drag the position of the word.
After the "tangachi" come out the "tambi" will disappear .This is the adjustment of the timeline, want make it disappear shorten the frames.

7. Not only using the classic tween, I also apply the fly-out-right
from the motion preset to create another pattern of movement.
Window-Motion Preset-Fly-out-right.

8. Every part must follow the pitch of the song, so I need to estimate nicely the time taken.
As you can see got many frames in my time line in order to create a good effect of my moving word follow by the song.

9. I used different type of pattern and movement follow by the feeling of the rhythm.
This is the final frame. Inside this video, not only the word, we also apply many icons as a metaphor to represent the word. 

*that's all for my part doing this group assignment.
my group member-Michelle Tan did the first few sentences,and I continue carried the rest =) 
The final video had uploaded on my leader's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment